Obama: I see dead people

I know, it’s not fair to pick on the average person like this. But you know, when you’re running for POTUS, I kind of, sort of, want to know that you aren’t an empty suit. I think it’s a good idea that when you ad lib from the script provided by your multitude of writers, you won’t end up offending nations. So far there’s little to reassure the average observer.

Obama’s latest slip was Memorial Day speech:

The Associate Press version does a wee bit of editing in the Senator’s favor.

Trust me, there’s someone out there keeping track of Obama’s foibles. Remember the deja vu speech on race? The Kansas tornado deaths? The 57 states?

1. Dave Frank says:

schadenfreude \SHOD-n-froy-duh\, noun:
    A malicious satisfaction obtained from the misfortunes of others.

I don’t think you are being malicious, and I also don’t think you believe Obama thinks there are 57 states. I will say I don’t get the “empty suit” argument. Call him naive, flamingly liberal, a ridiculous dreamer, but to argue there is no substance there is just weak. He is a very accomplished person, but admittedly I may be more impressed with his resume than some.

2. Awe, the education of Avenue Q…

I think the empty suit is becoming more and more obvious. When Obama is scripted, he’s on. Without text, he’s off.

His resume? Tell us what impresses you.

3. Kathryn says:

You know what they say: there are three kinds if people in this world, those who can count and those who can’t.

4. Dave Frank says:

Harvard Law school for one. Especially being elected Editor in Chief of the Law Review. The Harvard Law Review is the pinnacle of academia in the law school world. Many who attain that position go on to clerk, or serve on, the U.S. Supreme Court. Very nerdy I admit, but a big deal to me nonetheless.

The other thing that impressed me about him was that he taught at the University of Chicago Law school. Chicago is a top five law school with many distinguished professors.

My point in all this is you can’t fake success like this. He has got substance and horsepower. He may be wildly liberal. But he isn’t just full of hot air. There is a big brain in there.

5. “You can’t fake success like this.”
    I disagree. I’ve seen it a lot, actually.

Maybe he’s better working from paper than he is acting verbally.

6. Kathryn says:

Dave, you forgot Magna Cum Laude.

7. Dave Frank says:

Thanks Kathryn. I don’t know Cindy, I have seen plenty of posers in the legal profession, but we are talking about a number of significant achievements here. Again, all I am saying is that the substance is there if you can get past the distaste for his policies. I am not asking you to embrace him with open arms or anything….

8. Besides the law, are there any other other accomplishments that you admire?

9. Dave Frank says:

On a personal level, I admire his devotion to his kids and family. There are some pretty funny stories in his books. I have two daughters as well and so we have that in common.

I thought it was admirable that he became a community organizer when he could have made way way way more in private practice. Even my friends who want to run for office some day didn’t do something that drastic. That is true public service.

I also like that he was a state senator for seven years. All politics is local, and he saw his fair share of it. Listen, I am not saying the guy is perfect, but yes there are a lot of redeeming qualities about him. A big one is he is not the son or wife of political royalty. See H. Clinton, G. Bush, A. Gore.

10. Dirt off ya shouldas... says:

CINDY! I’d love to see this make your next post 🙂 If you want to talk about the liberals, then I’d LOVE to talk about our great conservative president!

Check this out:

11. Obama is a product of the Chicago machine with all its corruption. He didn’t do anything because of his ability from what I’ve read. Cindy, you are exactly right but it won’t make a bit of difference to the Obama lovers and the Bush haters. They will sing a different song if this guy becomes POTUS!

12. Kathryn says:

Welcome back!

13. Dan Qayle says:

How did he do in spelling ?

14. Dave Frank says:

For the record, I never said George Bush was dumb, and I don’t think that. He is also very accomplished. I also don’t want to make it seem that where you get your degree tells us everything you need to know about someone.

My point is simply that Obama has substance and is more than an empty suit. My opinion, nothing more.