“Blah blah blah blah blah.”

What she said.

That was Sasha Obama’s comment on her father’s rhetorical skills according to the L. A. Times. Promising commentary, don’t you think?

Oddly, Senator Barack Obama is now denouncing his own decision to pimp his daughters in front of America’s most discerning viewers on Access Hollywood. He swears he won’t let it happen again. No doubt, he’ll go goofy over someone taking a photo of them in the future. He already lost it when reporters had the nerve to include his wife in the campaign.

One blog nailed the decision to parade his daughters as “an extremely rare occurrence for politicians.”

So how come Mr. Obama gets to have it both ways? Why should he be able to pimp his family for free publicity and then yell “hands off?” It seems the man can’t decide whether he’s a moody rock star or a candidate for POTUS.

Just another fine example of lack of experience and judgement. Will be interesting to see how he handles today’s dust up caused by Reverend Jackson.

2. McCain is supposed to be the candidate with experience and judgment, yet he flip-flops more than a circus acrobat and loses his cool when he is not making crude jokes about other nations, genders and races.

Keep flinging folks, something might stick.

3. As usual, a lack of specifics. Every time the Democratic candidate blows it we get a “but, but, but” comment that fails to deliver real content.

4. Shawn Matson says:

He was just specific. McCain’s joke today. That’s specific.

I guess we assumed you keep up with current events.

5. Hey happy pants. As a matter of fact, I haven’t kept up. I’m playing.

Besides, someone could have easily offered a link, etc. I’ll go look it up, but it’s doubtful it’s as much of a slight as you’d like it to be.

6. I looked, and it didn’t make Google News, so I’m not going to dig any further.

“Keep flinging folks, something might stick.” capper – your respone would seem to reflect pretty well on the specifics and content of your own reply. It is interesting how none of the pro-Obama replies stays on topic. Feel free to criticize McCain on your own blog (and I agree, the “kill Iranians” joke was reprehensible), but rather than playing the juvenille ‘I’m rubber you’re glue, everthing you say bounces off me and sticks to you’ game, perhaps come up with an thoughout intelligent response to the Access Hollywood fiasco. No where in my reply will you find my contention that McCain has better experience and judgement. Frankly I’m finding this election to be very similar to Clinton/Dole – don’t think either is deserving of a vote.

make that thought out…

9. Found it. So that’s what you two are so upset about? McCain has a suggestion for balancing the Iran problem that (1) actually benefits the U.S. in exports and (2) does not cost the U.S. in troops, and you complain?

Get the point: Iran is a problem that won’t simply disappear because it’s inconveniently cropping up in an election year where your candidate has NO experience in foreign policy.

10. Shawn Matson says:

No, again you misinterpret what I was saying. I was simply showing that there was a specific example given. I didn’t say it upset me.

11. While the world is in a flap over the middle east, while we are provoking the individual extremists in the region and bear-baiting Iran, who is watching China? Not the current administration, and neither of the candidates.

China is positioning itself to be a super power after the model of the 1950’s US–infrastructure development, military build up, espionage capabilities for both intelligence and offense, industrial growth–while maintaining a totalitarian system of government. While we contribute to havoc in the middle east, China is securing access to natural resources in Africa and South America and financing our burgeoning national debt.

12. The U.S. is a giant no more in any sense except military power. We are totally owned and controlled by foreign interests. No borders, no common language. Young people will do very well to learn Chinese.

Why are we ignoring China – it’s called National Debt. Not saying it’s right, just noting a reason.

14. Kathryn says:

Yes and no. We could be looking after our national interests without being confrontational. China need not be an enemy, but it is time we recognize them as a competitor for resources and influence. They seem to realize already.