He flips, he flops, he screws up national security

Obama kissed and told in his meeting with Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki. Even CNN talking heads Anderson Cooper and Gloria Borger think he blew it.

Watch the video!

1. Lucky Lady says:

I had to laugh at Anderson Cooper’s question, “Do you think this was the first mistake he’s made…..on this trip?” Did he have to quickly qualify the question as to time frame? Too bad they haven’t noticed the numerous mistakes Obama’s made during the last year and a half campaign. Maybe if Obama had spent a little more time in the Senate, he’d be aware of protocol.

2. “Even CNN talking heads…”

The political panelists on CNN are usually good (that’s David Gergen, by the way,) the trouble comes in trying to separate the news and opinion shows from the mostly blather shows. Anderson Cooper is pretty good.

3. This is what happens when you send a media creation to do a man’s work.

4. Lucky Lady says:

Kathryn, I was commenting on the second guy, I think that’s Anderson Cooper, who added the phrase, “on this trip.”

Shouldn’t they be presenting either NEWS or OPINION? Too many Americans think the “news shows” are presenting objective news. In fact, we’re getting their own political slant as if it is fact. So we’re getting a lot of blather on the “news” shows.

5. At least here you know it’s all opinion with a little “news” sprinkled in for fun. 🙂

6. Kathryn says:

Lucky Lady, I understood; I was responding to Cindy’s post.

As for the shows, I like the ones that present the objective news (as best they can) and then discuss it. I like The News Hour with Jim Lehrer, This Week on ABC, and I often like the political panels on CNN. It isn’t hard to distinguish between the commentary and reporting.

On the other hand, a show like Lou Dobson is all about Lou’s slant on things and sometimes it’s disguised as news; I don’t like that so much.

7. Shawn Matson says:

Too bad John McCain missed more senate time than Obama or Clinton, Lucky Lady, or your argument might hold the thinnest of water.

8. Lay that argument out with facts, young man. McCain has also BEEN a member of the Senate much longer than your wunderkind. Are you managing to compare apples to oranges?

9. Shawn Matson says:

Nope. Look here. The stats are a bit outdated but I cannot imagine he’s caught up with Obama.

Here’s McCain’s “Leadership” on Afghanistan.

Attendence is big. Just because you were a Senator for longer clearly doesn’t mean he was doing his job as Senator. That’s not an excuse that would fly with anyone.

Let’s hope he shows up for work more than 30% of the time if he is ever elected president.

Cindy, will you try to make an excuse for this McCain weakness, too?

Or Maybe you will make an excuse for a guy who doesn’t even know Czechoslovakia isn’t a country anymore.

Or this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jfealLrWLIY

Oh yeah, Putin, president of Germany. Oh wait. Angela Merkel is the President of Germany. Putin is president of Russia. Except Putin isn’t even President of Russia anymore. It’s Medvedev now. Woops, let’s make excuses for that too.

A man who has been a Senator for 3 decades and has sat on the Foreign Relations Committee for how long cannot even find it in the deepest recesses of his mind to sputter out the correct name of a foreign leader. Or remember almost 16 years later that a nation no longer exists.

Obama doesn’t have experience, but he also never graduated in the bottom of the barrel at Silver Spoon High School.

10. Wow, that missed-votes list is something. Only a handful of senators made every vote, and two of them were ours!

11. Shawn Matson says:

Yea, those filthy Democrats.

12. Yes, Shawn, I agree. After all, according to your link, they were absent more than the Republicans.

The data didn’t show if it counted all the times Obama was filling a seat but voted “present”. I did find a site that gave the “not voting” information, but it wasn’t every vote and didn’t wrap the issue up into one percentage number.

It’s obvious that being a candidate takes away from the day job.

As far as your other issues with my candidate, I’ll just wrap it all up by saying I’m not following a messianic claimant. My guy’s human.

Besides, I could list things like 57 states and bitter and sweetie, well, you get my point. It’s a long campaign and they’ll both make mistakes.

Wow, arguments way off base. Lucky Lady’s argument ‘spent a little more time in the senate was noting that Obama has been an elected Senator for only 3+ years, versus 22+ years for McCain, not who missed more sessions because he was campaigning!

14. Shawn Matson says:

You can’t vote “present” in the U.S. Senate, i’m pretty sure.