Obama admits he’s ethically challenged

From Obama’s speech today in Green Bay:

We are here because an ethic of irresponsibility has swept through our government, leaving politicians with the belief they can waste billions and billions of your money on no-bid contracts for friends and contributors, slip pork projects into bills during the dead of night and spend billions on corporate tax breaks we can’t afford and old programs we don’t need.

Remember the facts! Obama has nearly a BILLION dollars in pork to his name over three years of requests. There were $100 million granted in 2008. McCain has ZERO in earmarks.

Check here for 2008.

We also covered it this morning.

**Clarified about 1:30 pm the 23rd**

Comments

1. And here’s McCain’s blunder in Green Bay … http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5842629&page=1 (remember I’m a republican) … just another bad hair day?

2. Right, you’re a Republican. And I’m a 6’2″ supermodel.

You win the prize, by the way. You were the first to avoid the argument of Obama’s little inconsistency with a slap towards McCain. It seems impossible that you would stay on topic.

I expect you’ll have company. Logical debate is hard to come by with some of you.

3. LOL …. great response! You’re right I avoided the argument I’d rather argue or debate that McCain is not well briefed, informed or prepared. Maybe even (gasp) too old to be in such a high pressure job! Let’s discuss that. I realize this is a backhanded compliment, but Cindy, I otherwise enjoy your points of view, your vacation/trip logs and pix, and other things, but I’m really entranced by your blinded support of McCain. It doesn’t measure up. Back to the point. What do you make of this article?http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5842629&page=1

4. Wilson828, have you ever campaigned? It’s tough work at any level. The race for presidential is a marathon. I think McCain is doing a remarkable job – gaffes and all.

Had I thought Obama’s statement on pork was a gaffe, I probably wouldn’t have written it. I haven’t pounded Obama’s gaffes. (57 states, 10,000 people dying in Kansas when it was 12, Sioux City vs. Sioux Falls, seeing fallen hero ghosts)

Finally, your article is about McCain’s wealth. I want a successful person as a leader. His wealth isn’t a problem to me. It seems to be a problem to you, though.

Finally, I also think the fundamentals of our economy are strong as traditional measurements show. I separate the economy from the market. The market may serve as a precursor, or fortune teller, to the economy, but we aren’t even in a recession yet, much less the depression being touted by Democrats.

5. Clearly McCain is a much more responsible spender, 12 cars and all…

6. Okay … FINALLY …. you don’t take a shot at me but rather you present a thought provoking point of conversation – thank you! (Obama Mama I really don’t care about his cars or houses or Obama’s car or house – sorry)

7. Ooooh Ooh…class warfare.

I only care about they spend MY money. McCain (or Obama) could have 100 houses for all I care.

8. For his FAMILY, Obama Mama.

You, too, seem to have a problem with his wealth. Obama is growing very wealthy on his memoirs. Do you wish for him to deny that income?

Wilson828 – I suspect that’s why you keep coming back.

9. Cindy, you may want a rich guy as president, but I’d rather have a president who can relate to me a little better than a guy whose idea of scratching and clawing his way to a better life entails marrying the rich daughter of a beer baron.

Cindy- You are a better person than I. Since Wilson828 wants to keep score each side gets a chance to bat. These are all legitimate statements by Barack Obama: and I have links if necessary.

Last May, he claimed that tornadoes in Kansas killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.

Earlier in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

Iin front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: “Thank you, Sioux City. … I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.”

Explaining why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?

Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March, on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Ala., he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement: “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”

Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking metaphorically about the civil-rights movement as a whole.” This must be a Democratic thing-remember Hillary telling us she was named in honor of Sir Edmund Hillary’s climbing Mt. Everest, which occurred after she was born.

Earlier in Cape Girardeau, Mo., Obama showed off his knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by homing in on a lack of translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.

In Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multibillion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear-waste cleanup: “Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.”

He’s voted on at least one defense-authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most contaminated nuclear-waste site.

Last March, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s Dreams from My Father: “Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.”

Obama told a Portland crowd that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us” — cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm — and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

Perhaps the most disturbing of these is the 57 states statement when he actually stops and thinks before making the comment–not a slip of the tongue.

11. Zach,

So were you for, or against, Kerry?

Ketchup or beer? Easy choice if you ask me. 😉

At least McCain got the pretty one.

Perhaps a different struggle, but I think McCain has seen struggles that YOU (or I) can’t relate to.

Zach W
    Yea, it’s well known John McCain’s life has been a piece of cake. Maybe you would like to trade places with him in, oh let’s say, 1964.

13. RiR – I really do separate goofs – 57 states for example – from the stinkers like the Life magazine lie.

What scares me the most about Obama is that he believes the fictionalized version of his life that he’s sold as gospel to the American voters.

14. 1964 isn’t relevant to now. Both candidates are good Americans. McCain isn’t a better American because he’s a veteran who was a POW. I’m tired of hearing that. Come up with something new.

15. I disagree. I do think most veterans are better Americans than I am.

16. Veterans have often made special sacrifices I will agree with that. But they get 1 vote just like I get 1 vote.

17. Wilson,

Your arguments are what’s irrelevant. You seem to feel he didn’t struggle enough.

Who said McCain was a “better American”? Quite frankly, I doubt you would have lived through his hell. Even more doubtfull, with the honor and integrity he did.

I don’t judge a man by his wealth, or even how he got it as long as it was above board. I do have a certain inherent respect for self-made men though. You apparently do have a problem with class envy. Maybe you can tell us why? While you’re at it you can answer my original question re: Kerry. He’s “married up” a couple times IIRC.

Wilson828
    I didn’t know your “scratching and clawing” requirement had a time limit. I never said anything about McCain being a veteran or POW but just pointed out his life experiences. And his life experiences, all of them collectively, do make him more qualified than Obama for President. Castro is a good Cuban but was he good for Cuba?

19. Randy, Randy, Randy ….. no need for snide remarks to make a feeble point. My comment was directed to Cindy’s previous remark. But as long as you care to engage, it’s a matter of opinion who is more qualified, not a matter of fact.

20. Repubabubba says:

Wilson828,
    Aha! so you admit your remarks are feeble! There is no point in struggling against the putty-like quicksand logic employed by Palin’s generals here!
    Be cast out devil, and hope you do not suffer when they force you to your knees in a holy war against Iran and Russia!
    Admit it: John McCain would be leading the polls but for the incompetence of the OLD Republican party in Washington. The NEW Republican party, lead by the likes of Cindy and Randy, and John S. McCain and Sarah Palin et al has no time for your stupidity, and your inability to cite one time when McCain or Palin or any other NEW Republican ever made a mistake.
    And don’t even try to say that these small things are irrelevant considering that the economy is doing so well and the national debt is so tiny. And do not even try to bring up the OLD McCain when that son-of-the-devil Phil Gramm tricked the Hero Maverick Savior into reversing the Glass Act! No sir, when you have been shot down, and beaten by the people whose families you were burning alive in their huts you tend to trust people, and so it isn’t his fault!

All I can say is thank God Our Hero was the son of an Admiral, or they would have killed him in those first days! It is provenance that the enemy found out by themselves without him telling them!

21. Lazich Constituent Too says:

How does $97.4 million a billion make?

22. Whoops. Good catch. I stand corrected on pork secured fy2008. The billion is supposed to be requests over the whopping three years he’s been elected to the Senate.

23. You got your facts wrong.

From your own 2008 link:
    97.4 MILLION does not a BILLION make.

24. And I admitted I was wrong. Shall I impale myself to please you?

Bubba (HAL)
    You’re slipping. You say Wilson828 couldn’t cite one time McCain made a mistake when in fact his doing so triggered my post. Gov Palin has not made me a General yet but she did assign me, by an encripted secret email, to search the web and stand up for truth, justice, and the American way. And you have it wrong–Sen McCain did not vote for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Bill, but Sen Biden did, and it was signed by President Bill Clinton.

26. Repubabubba says:

Randy,
    There is no need to defend the infidels, though your compassionate conservatism is noted, and I’m glad the email was encrypted so that those communists at Yahoo can’t read it. Though even that may not be enough because these people have studied that devil wizardry called science in diimmicrat haven’s like Stanford and MIT, and can likely build a machine to undo the encryption! Beware: I recommend using only encrypted paper dead drops and mules for secret communication, as does Hero John S. McCain!!!!

27. Repubabubba says:

Randy,
    Ifear you have been decieved by the hateful left wing media!!! Please, you must research from direct sources to avoid missteps while paving a way fro Palin to finally bring a Christian Compassion back to the world!
    Here is the senate’s record of the vote for Gramm-Leach-Bliley. Clearly Mr. McCain was deceived by trickery, or are you suggesting the link is controlled by the liberal media?

28. Repubabubba says:

Randy, I am worried for you. Have you been using encryption all along? It seems as though the Lying Liberals have taken control of the information feeds on those intertubes directed at you usually more thorough research, perhaps in an effort to discredit you! Do not worry, I will check your information for you to make sure it isn’t from a source that is lying.
    I’m telling you, dead drops only!

29. Repubabubba says:

er, …directed at you. You usually…

Sorry, faithful readers, I was scanning lines from the Constitution Restoration Act of 2004, and making suggested alterations for when it is signed into law and was thus distracted.

30. That’s OK. Most of the faithful readers ignore you anyway.

31. Bubba who???

32. Repubabubba says:

Yes, true Cindy, but I am not deterred. Jesus also was not listened to, yet we know how that worked out! He is the True Savior, and I press forward in the face of a bottomless challenge.

33. It sounds more like you face a bottomless keg than challenge.

You’re coming very close to having your babble capped, and I’ve never done that before. Make a point without the BS or you’re out of here.

Bubba
    Your link is for the Senate vote on Gramm- Leach-Bliley . However, it went to conference and the actual final bill was passed 90-8. Here is the vote on the final Gramm-Leach-Bliley Bill.

You need not worry.