I think I’m just gonna let that one go.

I’ve had a couple of people send me this one today:

Yes, it’s a flag. Yes, someone printed BO’s face on it and sold it off. But in a world where you can buy US flag underwear from a U.S. Senator’s retail empire, beach towels, and yes, even flag doormats, why would I get upset about a souvenir?

I’m much more concerned about a nation that will show up to an expensive inauguration and then expect a cash refund as a stimulus in a couple of months.

Scream about that, someone. Ok?

1. US flag underwear….Obama flags…Hmm….how about making the Obama flags into underpants? I think those would sell well too….

2. IIRC, Herbie sold out of Kohl’s a long time ago to British-American Tobacco (!)

3. Good info. Come to think of it, I own Kohls, too…

4. Karen – I rather like the idea of those flags being sewn into underwear. 🙂

5. J. Strupp says:

When will they be getting a cash refund?

I believe the rebate checks went out last spring.

Symbolism and emotion are driving many to celebrate the inauguration. Others are celebrating the departure of President Bush. So be it. I’ve been around long enough to know that when you are on the top of the mountain and start moving there’s basically one direction you can go. Barack Obama knows this and I find it interesting how he is tempering his prose. Apparently he is continuing to flash back to his days as a community organizer because much of his symbolism ( i.e. painting a wall) and words (do something) are aimed at a sector of this country that fit into that category. When Vice-Presidential candidate Lloyd Bentsen told Dan Quayle in 1988 he was no John Kennedy I believe he was right. Neither do I believe Barack Obama is an Abe Lincoln. They do have in common serving in the Illinois state legislature while being born elsewhere.

I didn’t know your Senator was ‘that’ Kohl. We have one of the stores here and I shop there occasionally.

Then again, as a resident of the former Confederate States of America, you likely would have been a harsh Lincoln critic have you lived during the Second Revolution. I guess it’s all a matter of perspective! 🙂

Well played, sir. I’ll take that as a nod that you get my point.

11. This is being flown as our nation’s flag, not underwear. It is disrespectful. So many things about our nation are disrespected, the flag, the constitution, U.S. military, police; the list goes on and on. The cost of the inauguration is a separate issue than this, and there is plenty to scream about there.