What Michelle wore

Well, you’re talking about it, so I figured I might as well pop it up here. It beats the black widow/lava lamp thing.

1. Tinkerbell says:

Black-Widow design so accurately describes the spiderlike voting frock. A few weeks earlier, it could’ve been a Halloween costume.

Who IS the designer? Today’s smooth green gloves and shoes were an interesting accent to the overly textured outfit, reminiscent of Grandmother’s old lace tablecloth, yellowed with age.

I can hardly wait to see her ball-gown(s) this evening. Or perhaps should I say bawl-gowns, if they are anything like the uh, taste she has shown so far.

What I am really looking forward to is seeing her standing next to Oprah… if not in person, then in the tabloids.

Think you totally missed the point Tink Tink.

It’s, in my mind, a successful critique of the traditional first lady garb.

You’re really bitter, aren’t you?

3. Tinkerbell says:

Hmm, I learned from the best the main stream media has to offer. And yet, I cannot achive the pinnacle of acrimonious critique-dom.

Alas, I shall wave my wand and get back to serious lest the seussical Lorax think I am embittered, not humorous. G’day.

4. My bad. Isabel Toledo is the designer.

I kind of liked it, but I’ve always liked monochromatic design.

5. Tinkerbell says:

“kind of” is the operative word here… glad you left yourself an out. Kind of non-commital. OOps, like BO!

And I rather like monochromatic “design” as well. This may have been monochomatic but perhaps it was missing the “design”.

On third glance, the bejeweled neck and flowing robe is rather pharoah-esque!

6. I think I would have worked without the sparkly element for daytime, though.

7. Tinkerbell says:

Yes, I believe the sparklies were out of place. The open coat, very seasonal: spring-like. It would be dramatic for hostessing an indoor luncheon if she simply had to wear it this time of year, given the climate. A closed coat would be more apropos. A closed coat, beautiful scarf, of course her gloves, and either lovely shoes or to-die-for boots.

8. Tinkerbell says:

On the 10 o’clock news, we saw Mrs-O in a white, one-shoulder dress that looked like she was wrapped in toilet paper! Seriously. It reminded me the of bridal shower game in which guests design a white wedding gown made of t.p.!

What next?!

I see you have a feature movie coming out later this year and you will get to talk on screen for the first time. I can hardly wait to see the secrets of Pixie Hollow revealed. I suspect the Disney people are not happy with your politics, though.

10. Tinkerbell says:

Randy, U R always right

11. Well, tink, I won’t be quite so harsh, but I will say it’s not what I would have chosen. I think the train and one shoulder are much too young on a mature woman.

I think I’m more worried about Obama’s down-turned “gee I hope I don’t get caught” smile reminiscent of Bill Clinton.

12. Tinkerbell says:

As a child, my parents had a record album in their collection, titled “Herb Alpert’s Tiajuana Brass: Whipped Cream & Other Delights”. This is also reminiscent of Michelle’s dress. http://www.amazon.com/Whipped-Cream-Other-Delights-Anniversary/dp/B0007MRXUQ

Perhaps this what BO is also thinking? That “might” explain his facial expression.

13. I just brought that album back from our Christmas trip! I also have it on my iPod – it’s one of my most engraved childhood memories.

I see what you mean…