Write on.

This is your invitation to talk about anything you’d like. I’ll be checking in, but it looks to be a blissfully slow news day.

(Except that the sky is falling with the GDP, and there’s been a vertical increase in the money supply.)

Remember the woman who was on Obama’s campaign team and called Hillary a “monster’. She is Samantha Power and she immediately resigned over the incident. At that time, Gregory Meeks, speaking for the Obama campaign said, “this is the worst kind of politics, Sen Obama has called for change and a new kind of politics”.
    According to the AP, Obama has (or is in the process) appointed her as Senior Director for Multicultural Affairs at the National Security Council. Ah, those new kind of politics.

2. How does everyone feel about the postal service cutting off another day of service because of their massive deficits?

I am opposed to it but I am old school. I suspect what is happening is the same thing we’re hearing from most school districts–they are telling us how many teachers will have to be let go because of the budget crunch. The Post Office is using the same technique to stir people up and Congress will react by finding the funds. My opinion is there is no way the P.O. will eliminate delivery days.

4. Wilson828 says:

Mary Lazich Makes News (again)….

I thought this link was fun to read …. actually hilariously funny and oh so very true…. too bad Mary doesn’t have a clue….

5. Wilson828 says:

Oh no!!! There is an EMERGENCY in New Berlin!!!! Dave Ament, the notorious Berg of New Berlin, is calling for an Emergency Meeting .. a crisis is at hand.. .read all about it here….

I kinda think this is election gamesmanship and typical Ament BS .. but then again .. what do I know?

6. Open line Friday?…. Cardinals by 2, Farve goes to Minnesota and the Brewers sign Ben Sheets for 1year.

7. I wish Bush didnt get us into this mess by spending so much dam money.

Well, add another one to the list. Tom Daschle, Obama’s nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services, just paid $140,000 in back taxes and interest. This is according to ABC news and apparently is true as there are no denials forthcoming. I’m sure it was an innocent mistake and he probably used TurboTax.
    Apparently this is Obama’s method of lowering the deficit–just keep making appointments.

It looks like being appointed to the Obama administration is the new April 15th.

Remember when ‘vetting’ meant riding through the country in a great Chevrolet sportscar? And then it came to mean checking out someone’s background. Now it has evolved into meaning a prominent Democrat must come clean and pay his taxes.

10. Tinkerbell says:

Randy, it would be nice to count on regular people getting treated with as much forgiveness and a clean slate if any irregularities should be found during a routine audit. Just to prove this is not a tiered, caste society, with privledge to the select few.

I fully suspect to start hearing that Daschle is the only person capable of giving us a medical care reform program and thus he must be approved. And congrats to ABC for breaking this story and Drudge for keeping it alive.

12. Tinkerbell says:

It remains interesting to me that those who cannot manage their own personal finances should be entrusted with public monies.

“the only person capable of…” is phraseology of elitist propaganda , perhaps?

I’m not doubting such statements may be made. I’m agreeing we should all tink for ourselves about the truthfulness of statements like that.

Me tinks a mother or father may be irreplaceable to their children, people may be irreplaceable on a relationship level as we all bring out different things in eachother…

but on a professional level… me tinks it is a testimony to the absolute failure of an organization to essentially state there is not a pool or pipeline of qualified candidates to step in if selected… as part of a disaster recovery plan… as part of a succession plan… etc.

I suspect one of, if not the, happiest man in Washington is Tim Geithner.

Al Capone and Wesley Snipes — JAIL

Tim Geisner
    Charles Rangel———- Obama Administration or Democratic Congress
    Tom Daschel

1. […] February 1, 2009 — thoughtfulconservative Randy in Richmond in the comments at Fairly Conservative, Vetting-a prominent Democrat must come clean and pay his taxes. Posted in Quote of the day. […]