Well I’m grateful for that bounce.

We still haven’t made up yesterday’s losses, and I’m a little worried about what the charts might hold for the future, but stocks are up today.

I thought in the interest of fairness, I’d mention it. Still looking forward to three years from now when we’re at new all-time highs anticipating the next presidential election. 🙂

Comments

1. What amazes me is that there are still people on this planet buying Citi and B of A.

There’s actually someone out there sayin’, “hey Citi looks damn cheap these days, I think I’ll jump in and ride it upwards”.

I find it interesting that the new President just gave his first major address to a joint session of Congress, in prime time, shown on eleven networks that I know of, and over 24 hours later there is not one comment on this site. I take it everyone else is as underwhelmed as I am.

3. ha ha ha… somewhere around 75-90 of viewers disagree with you. Sorry Rand.

4. Randy, I think it shows this blog goes local without extra direction.

I didn’t even watch it, so I can’t comment.

5. Randy –

I’ll comment on the speech.

BHO expounds on the wish based economy and other aspects of his fantasy world.

Pelosi claps like a kindergartner.

The attempted destruction of Bobby Jindal, Sarah Palin style, is started by the msm and on the net.

6. Speaking of kindergarten. You don’t have to try too hard to destroy Jindal’s speech. When you speak to the American people like a bunch of children during story time, you tend to catch some flack. Why do GOP leaders continue to use these cheesy narratives as a means to convey their platform? That speech was an insult to the average American’s intelligence. Sorry. I just felt like I was being patronized by Bill Lumberg from the movie Office Space.

Furthermore, what is the official GOP position on the current economic crisis? (go ahead and take the bait Randy) It seems as though they are playing the, “look at what we are doing to our children” card over and over again without any plan of attack. I know they have that luxury right now (as a minority in Congress) but what is their position? I really have no idea.

BTW, I see Jindal isn’t a big fan of government investment into volcano forecasting. That sure makes sense. After all, why the hell would a guy from Louisiana want to advocate better natural disaster forecasting and monitoring? Lastly, how can Jindal use the government’s response to Katrina as proof of government’s incompetence? Isn’t it a self fulfilling prophecy to fail when you put a horse trainer in charge of the Federal Emergency Management Agency?

It’s all just becoming a bad joke to me.

7. JS – the average American according to Obama can’t figure out how to do much more than hold out an open hand. You may have been “insulted” but the average American probably didn’t even get it.

BTW, the guy puts up a few minutes of a speech and you slap and stab like your life is threatened. I guess liberals are still programmed to overreact.

8. Cindy:

My “bad joke” observations aren’t limited to Jindal’s 5 minute response. This is an ongoing saga.

Overreact? Ha. Republicans are using the rants of a wall street floor trader as a rally cry for revolution.

9. Something that struck me in Obama’s speech that I think will unfortunately get glossed over was his message on education. I expect people will be focused (rightly so) on the costs involved and this or that political issue (teacher’s union anyone?). But buried deep in his message was an acknowledgment that no amount of money is going to fix our education problems unless parents get involved in their children’s lives again.

I also liked the quote “And dropping out of high school is no longer an option. It’s not just quitting on yourself, it’s quitting on your country.” A platitude? Maybe, but given his popularity with the youth, hopefully it hits home.

10. Everyone wants good education. It is in the best interest of our country for every student to achieve. Sadly, no one has a clue how to get us there.

Cindy
    Obama has a clue. Tell the country how he is providing all this money for teachers, public education, etc. yet he’s the first President since Jimmy Carter to send his own kids to private school.

I am no defender of Michael Brown. I do not justify his qualifications to serve as Director of FEMA. All I know is he has a degree in Public Administration and a Law Degree. To my knowledge he has never broken the law.

As opposed to the current Secretary of the Treasury, Tim Geithner, an admitted tax cheat over a period of four years, who now oversees the Internal Revenue Service of the USA.

And the current Attorney General, Eric Holder, the main guy for enforcing the laws of the USA. It is he who, as # 2 at the DOJ, declared himself “neutral, leaning toward favorable” on the request to pardon Marc Rich in the very last hours of the Clinton administration. Rich was a billionaire fugitive from justice for tax evasion, racketeering, and trading with the enemy. Consider Holder’s position in light of the fact that by DOJ guidelines Rich would not be eligible for a pardon until 5 years ‘after’ serving any sentence.

Does anyone else agree with me that these two cabinet level Obama appointments look like a bad joke?

13. Cindy, things are slow without you. Nothing to do but rehash the news. There’s something to be said for going local.

I agree Kathryn. But you Obama supporters just can’t let go of that hate Bush mentality as in # 6 above, a comment on the Republican response to the President’s speech. And when you do this I assure you I will respond in kind.

15. Randy, you have your own axe to grind. I haven’t even read most of this thread, just noticed it is slow without Cindy.

You should be in Congress, Kathryn- they don’t read things either.

Wait wait wait Randy. Chelsea Clinton went to Sidwell Friends School (same as the Obamas) and the Bus twins went to private and public schools.

Bush Sr. and Reagan didnt have kids in the white house so your assertion that Obamas are the first since Carter to send their kids to private schools is totally incorrect. Another idiotic talking point.

Lorax
    You are right. I used a source that was wrong. Here it is.

Where Will the Obama Girls Go to School? – On Education (usnews.com)
    Nov 11, 2008 … But if the Obamas send their daughters to private school in a city that educates a high … he would be the first president to do so since Jimmy Carter. … Would the O…
    http://www.usnews.com/blogs/on-education/2008/11/11/where... • Found on Google

This was from US News & World Report. They have since pulled the article.

However, my main assertion that Obama allocated billions of dollars for public education and used that point to defend his Stimulus Bill, while sending his own children to a private school, makes him a hypocrite. This would be the same as any President telling us citizens to support the American auto industry and owning a vehicle manufactured abroad.

19. Tinkerbell says:

“Obama did inherit a struggling economy when he took the oath of office, however, as he has spent nearly 2 trillion dollars in a little over one month, to “solve” this problem, he really won’t be able to blame the former president for that much longer. The fact is that the amount of increased debt needed to pay for the Democrats’ spending in this past month is the same debt the United States incurred between 1789 and 1978 – two entire centuries, where we fought two world wars and a civil war.” -quote from Sensenbrenner Weekly Column: The Spendathon Goes On (source / contact: SensenbrennerLegislativeUpdate@MAIL.HOUSE.GOV)

20. “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money.” Margaret Thatcher

21. Go Maggie!