Elmbrook graduation unchanged

The request for an injunction failed. Saturday’s graduation ceremony will go as scheduled.

I think I heard where the schools were already planning to use the respective new gyms for next year’s ceremony, so it was all for nothing.

Comments

1. Anthony says:

Yeah, graduations next year are going to be in the field house.

I have been given the fine honor of filming the graduation. I wonder how many news crews will be there to cover the story.

2. Hey! The boys both did that if I remember correctly.

3. Anthony says:

They need four people to do the job, since they have four cameras. I’m one of them. If your kids are there, it will be nice to meet them.

4. Actually, we’re on an “off” graduation year from high school this year.

I only remember them using 2 cameras in the past. Must have upgraded!

5. Anthony says:

Elmbrook Church has a full video production facility, believe it or not. Mr. Z, one of the District’s IT guys, told me that it is probably one of the best in the area.

6. Yea! Mr. Z. Tell him I said hello.

Didn’t anyone hear that BCHS graduation will actually be held at BEHS field house next year, that the BCHS renovations still don’t yield a large enough facility? Hmmm, if I am a BCHS grad, would I rather Elmbrook Church or BEHS???

8. Oh my goodness, I hadn’t thought of that since the youngest is at East, but I kind of remember BEHS did get the bigger new gym.

Have you confirmed that?

BEHS did get the 4-square field house expansion, versus BCHS’ 2-square.

10. Heard “BEHS for all” from my chilluns, too…

11. I remember back in the day, BCHS got lights on their football field while BEHS had none. We poor BEHS folk had to go to BCHS for “home” football games. We felt like the unwanted stepchildren of the district.

Sweet, sweet, justice.

12. Kathryn says:

I’ve heard BEHS mentioned as a venue for THIS year, if the planned venue was rejected by the court. As far as I know, BCHS will host it’s own commencement exercises in the future. Now I’m curious…

13. Just remember I’m not in on this one at all. Bdad started it.

Tara, I’m with you.

15. Anthony says:

I’m sure most Central students would have their graduation at Elmbrook Church rather than their worst rival’s field house.

Why don’t they use the Wilson Center for graduations? That wouldn’t be bad, and besides, almost everyone in Brookfield knows where it is.

BTW Cindy, I talked to Mr. Z today. He says hello and wishes you good luck in your lawsuit.

16. Well thanks, Anthony.

My understanding is the Wilson Center is too small to hold even graduates and 2 people extra, much less the whole family. I can’t remember the seating number – but I’ll go look it up.

17. Ahah! 619 seats. With around 400 graduates the math is obvious.

18. Anthony says:

If only the Wilson center was as big as Elmbrook Church…Then everyone could get along.

See, I didn’t start anything after all 🙂 It’s true!

20. You know, I saw that, put the date to the calendar, and never noticed the venue.

Good sourcing Bdad!

Now, and I will only say this once and at that I’ll bury it in these deep comments, I guess all those angry Central grads can blame me if they get their knickers in a knot over graduating from East. I distinctly remember pitching a polite but articulate fit over the initial district plan to raze Central’s 2-station gym when it was in fine shape.

I guess that’s just the way the taxpaid building bricks crumble.