Rounding the ‘net: Who am I?

Who Am I?

I was born in one country, raised in another. My father was born in another country. I was not his only child. He fathered several children with numerous women.

I became very close to my mother, as my father showed no interest in me. My mother died at an early age from cancer.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

My birth records were sketchy and no one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth certificate.

I grew up practicing one faith but converted to Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my country, but I practiced non-traditional beliefs & didn’t follow Christianity, except in the public eye under scrutiny.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.

That was before I decided it was time to get serious about my life and I embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up. It was clear to those who read my memoirs that I had difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics in my 30’s then with help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate for national office in my 40s. They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone into anything.

I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no experience in leading a single organization. Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to me as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.

I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances. This bolstered my ego.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country’s foreign policy…… I was very critical of my country in the last war and seized every opportunity to bash my country..

But what launched my rise to national prominence were my views on the country’s economy. I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could do better and every poor person would be fed & housed for free.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess. It was the free market, banks & corporations. I decided to start making citizens hate them and if they were envious of others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

I called mine “A People’s Campaign” and that sounded good to all people.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from outside the traditional path of politics & was able to gain widespread popular support.

I knew that, if I merely offered the people ‘hope’, together we could change our country and the world.

So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were on behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include “persecuted minorities”. My true views were not widely known & I kept them unknown, until after I became my nation’s leader.

I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out what I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and examined those people I associated with.

I’m glad they didn’t. Then I became the most powerful man in the world. And the world learned the truth.

*Who am I?

ADOLF HITLER

WHO WERE YOU THINKING OF?
Scary isn’t it?

Comments

1. Whatever says:

The post is disgusting

2. Because?

3. Whatever says:

I think you just hit bottom on the “negative scale”. Comparing Hitler to anyone else? How much more negative can your blog become? Look at your posts. I would say that 80% of what you put out is “negative” toward the “other side”. Why? There are enough positive things going on in the Conservative world, yet you seem to always go negative. You’re taking the easy way out

4. Whatever, Cindy asked two questions. she did not make any comparisons.

I do not find the post negative. It allows the reader to make a guess as to whom is being described. You seemed to have jumped to conclusions.

Also you have not answered the question put to you.

5. Actually, I just reprinted the story that’s been going around the internet. Hence the title “rounding the ‘net.”

No one compared Hitler to anyone else. How interesting you would become so defensive.

6. Whatever says:

Cindy: So tell us, who were you thinking of and what is so scary about it?

7. Whatever – I didn’t write it! Can you grip up and move on?

(If I had written it, it think I would have meant it’s scary how quickly one jumps to conclusions. Would you understand how that happens?)

Hey, did you happen to read Dreams from My Father? It’s interesting how many of these statements parallel what I’ve read about Barack Obama. You know, what he wrote about himself as he was waiting to become known to the world.

You’re a teacher. As a society, do we repeat what we refuse to acknowledge from the lessons of history?

8. Whatever says:

Comment #5: No one compared Hitler to anyone else.
    Comment #7: It’s interesting how many of these statements parallel what I’ve read about Barack Obama.
    BTW: I never said you wrote it but it is posted on your blog. I also never mentioned BO’s name in my post. You are the one that made that connection…see comment #7

9. Did you read the book? Of course one would have made those parallels. In fact, I suspect someone wrote this about Obama and called it Hitler. I could check out whether or not these statements applied to Hitler, but that would mean I’d need to do something other than argue with you.

I confess I set you up a bit there. It’s what you were looking for and I knew you’d enjoy the pounce. Do you feel a teeny little bit better about the world now? Loved? Complete? So glad I could help.

Make no mistake. I think Barack Obama is a fraud who will eventually be revealed. He could have won as a Republican and I’d still say that after reading his work. We’ll pay the price. You can pat yourself on the back knowing you helped contribute to the fall of a nation through your ignorance.

Oooh. Now you really have something to be upset with me about instead of making it up as you go. No one is making you read this blog. I don’t care that you disagree. It won’t change my views or the way I write them.

Whatever
    Please help me by pointing out some of the positive things happening in the ‘conservative’ world.
    Thanks

11. Whatever says:

Cindy-Thanks for the compliments. Who knew little ole me could get you so upset. I especially liked the “No one is making you read this blog” comment. Please pass along the Kool-aid so I can have a drink. And no, I’m not yet complete. Can I get a hug? You hurt my feelings….sniffle, sniffle 🙂

12. Whatever says:

RIR-My point was that we are spending way too much time pointing out what Obama and his fellow Dems are doing wrong (rightfully) and not enough on what Conservatives are doing right.

13. Stay classy, Cindy!

14. You know, Zach, the phrase loses its punch using it so quickly after my Gwen Moore post, but it doesn’t surprise me you’d be of that opinion.

Come on. You can be original if you try!

Zach
    You should follow your own advice. Each individual reader can determine on their own someone’s class and after going to your site it shows you are not one to be handing out judgements on the issue. Do you enjoy linking lefty sites that compare President Bush to chimpanzees and Homer Simpson; you think that’s classy?and what point does that make concerning the issue here? You also link an idiotic conservative site and accuse the author of comparing President Obama to Rev. Jim Jones. You aren’t even close. The author is talking about those “that follow” Obama and Jim Jones and comparing them to lemmings. You can be upset about that if it doesn’t apply to you but again it has no bearing on the discussion here.
    Something about throwing rocks applies here.

17. Wrong post.