Mutt and Jeff greet taxpayers at Brookfield City Hall

Jeff Speaker has company this year glad-handing taxpayers who line up to pay their bill. David (Dave) Marcello is joining him for the annual love-your-politician handshake. You have to wonder how that’s playing out. Here’s my interpretation:

But wait! There’s more. (I haven’t mentioned it in a couple of weeks or so, but I LOVE MY READERS! You guys are the best when it comes to getting me the good stuff.)

And heck, I just can’t do as good a job as this e-mail that came earlier today:

Upon completing my contribution I see Dave Marcello again at the door, passing out his postcards along with, get this, City Maps he was pulling from the rack located in the front lobby. It was the funniest thing to watch.

I can only imagine. It’s also so very much like Dave Marcello. He makes the car-salesman candidate Brookfield has look downright reputable.

Oh, one last thing. It seems Marcello took a prime parking place in the lot outside to make this happen:

It’s always about Dave.

Comments

1. Brkfld Res says:

David (Dave) Marcello truly has no shame. I hope enough people realize what he a joke he is so that he doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell to be my mayor. Cindy, when you leave your blog will you start a Stop Dave Marcello website?

2. Well, I have been given the opportunity to run Brookfield2010.com, but I’m not even sure I want to do that. Maybe a collaborative effort would be in order and I could edit.

(I really want out of the business, though, so I’d have to really think about it.)

3. I hope that this mayoral election, voters educate themselves. Don’t cast your vote for the biggest campaign sign, like the one on Calhoun at the gas station. Don’t finally pay attention to the campaign a few days before the election and believe the last minute mud-slinging. Brookfield deserves an intelligent, informed electorate.

4. Santa's Elf says:

Ms. Cindy, will Mr. Marshmallow be writing another entry in his BrookfieldNOW blog? The first/last one sure did raise the level of awareness as to who he is.

Good job Mr. Marshmallow!

5. Brkfld Res says:

Cindy,

Do candidates have to make public who is on their campaign staff (treasurer, manager etc…). I am curious to know who is working for Dave – the man, the misdemeanor, the arsonist – Marcello

6. No, they don’t. Now a really thriving campaign will have folks on it that are well known and hard workers, and they’ll let those names be known early. None of that has happened.

Jeff Speaker has always used a hired man, but I think that guy got out of the business when he nearly went bankrupt. It will be interesting if someone (won’t be me!) reads the campaign finance statements and sees where the money is flowing.

Do you guys know how much you won’t know about this stuff in the future? You’re really going to have to push the NOW reporter hard to get good news.

7. Santa's Elf says:

“Brookfield deserves an intelligent, informed electorate.” — And I for one hope that the present crowd sells out in time for that ” intelligent, informed electorate” to take their place and move in.

Till then it’s a never ending runoff of Jeff and Marshmallow!

8. Santa's Elf says:

Ms. Cindy, I’m thinking it’s time to blog national and get up in the faces of Harry Reid, Nan Pelosi and Babs Boxer.

O’Bama will disappear by himself if he’s not done in by his Kenyan birth certificate, but these others need a push to roll em off the hill.

By golly I also think it’s about time to begin religious profiling. No reason why anyone named abdul, mohamad or faruk ought to be able to get near an airplane till he’s been strip searched and had a colonoscopy!

Being polite isn’t getting us anywhere.

9. Santa, you have a wonderful way with words. Keep it up!

Cindy, with your experience, you would do a great job blogging this mayoral race. With “Mr. Marshmallow” using BrookfieldNow’s Public Forum as his soapbox again, how will the electorate ever get informed?

10. Wait, where’s Marshmallow showing up? I guess I better go look.

11. Santa's Elf says:

I think covering the mayoral spat could be fun. You could attend all the debates and arm wrestling, then summarize the important stuff in a blog.

How about one called: “What They Didn’t Tell You”? Or perhaps: “The Other Half Truth”!

Think it hrough Ms. Cindy. Can you really make a life out of sitting home, pickin your toes and texting Mr. Berg?

12. Nope. I’m going out of business. Really.

Maybe you can start picking Mr. Berg’s toes and start a blog somewhere yourself.

13. Oh, we already know I’m opening my doors elsewhere, but it won’t be at all political.

This “nunnery” has nothing to do with an out of court settlement. I’m simply tired of the blog, and had already planned an exit.

Two years is long enough at any one task to make it worthwhile. I’ve established a leadership position in the state – but there’s really very little else to do with it unless I wanted to make money off of it. I don’t. It was a hobby that served me well, but now it’s time to move on.

There are a number of airplane rides in my future. It’s really hard keeping up the blog while traveling and trying not to look gone! I’m content with the next step as planned.

14. Santa's Elf says:

Ms. Cindy, always remember the old saying: you can pick your friends, and you can pick your toes. But you can’t pick your friend’s toes!

I’m predicting that you are going Favre. You’ll dump this blog, wait a month, then open your doors somewhere else.

No way you can allow a world full of Dave Marshmallows to go unchallenged while you sit round searching cook books for new soups, sauces and gravies!

Unless, of course, this new nunnery life is all part of an out of court settlement.

Ah, I’ve seen the light!

15. Santa's Elf says:

Make sure you aren’t flying with Achmed the Camel Humper unless you’re wearing asbestos longies!

Remember, you only know for sure where these ducks stand after they go bonkers in the name of Allah. And that doesn’t leave much time for negotiating! Be especially wary of some guy bouncing his head off a prayer rug while facing Mecca. Unless of course you are intent on accompanying him as a ‘carry on virgin’!

In fact, I’d be a little wary of that bearded dude who does Pick n’ Save dressed in the blue turbine while escorting that red dot lady to pick up a bottle of curry. Wasn’t he at O’Bama’s recent party?

Peace!

16. Not cute. Just not cute at all.

Elf, you’ve restrained yourself for two years now. Why show up for the last two weeks?

17. Santa's Elf says:

Ms. Cindy, PC will be the death of us all.

Peace!

18. Oh, you don’t have to be PC here. Blunt statements with good backup are always welcome. “Bonkers in the name of Allah” – I get that. What blows me away is how you lump everyone together in the last sentence.

Beards are bad? Shopping at Pick N Save with a blue turbine is bad? The red dot lady? There’s no logic in that last bit. Doesn’t it mix a few religions up? (BTW, I love curry and keep a couple of kinds on hand. Does that make me bad?)

I’m all for profiling. It will only work if done well, though. That last paragraph was not done well.

CK – need I remind you 🙂

It’s not new…

20. No, but it’s still annoying.

Hello by the way! Happy New Year.

Very annoying. Happy 2010 to you as well!

22. Santa's Elf says:

“BTW, I love curry and keep a couple of kinds on hand.”

Yup, all the dots are starting to connect now. Would it be safe to say that you’ve also got a black burqa? And that you only wear it to ‘certain’ social functions?

23. The only dots I’m connecting are you to the word unfortunate. Don’t let the door hit you in the backside on your way out, Elf.

24. Wilson828 says:

Wow .. this Santa’s Elf is a real piece of work uh?

Nice to know though that the loonies don’t all live in New Berlin … you have some in Brookfield too.

25. Santa's Elf says:

Wilson828 a.k.a. Imam Mohamad Islam Bin Jones.

Enjoy your freedom. It won’t last long. Pretty soon all you head knockers will be doing hard time in a military lockup. (Hey bro, which way’s East?)

Then Ms. Cindy will be all alone out here!

26. DICK STEINBERG says:

The point of mayor jeff greeting taxpayers who pay their property taxes brings up the question of whether this is improper/imprudent use of the public trust. Of course he tells us who is next in line. Elementary Mr. Watson !