Where did that “One Nation” thing come from anyway?

For two whole years Democrats have basically been telling the rest of us “up yours” as they slammed through legislation using quasi-legitimate voting tactics. Now that they’re about to lose their backsides in the November mid-terms, they want to be “One Nation.”

Wow. It would be really easy to send a great big “up yours” as a reply.

I’m not saying I will. I am saying it would be really easy. 😉

Comments

1. By quasi-legitimate you mean, “just like the last decade” right?

Still on European time I see.

Apparently Ed Shultz kicked off the rally. I’ve never heard of him and have no idea who he is. But I read where he says the left and progressives are going “to take back America”.
    Huh ? He must have picked up an old speech by mistake. He’s two years late. The progressives in Congress already ‘have’ America–have had it for 4 years. And the current administration, led by an admitted socialist who has surrounded himself with same, has had going on 2 years of taking back America.

And Cindy, the precedent has been set, sorta, for what you would like to say. Remember in January 2009 what Obama said to some Republicans he was meeting with when they would not ‘roll over’ for his agenda. It was a curt “we won”. Certainly we don’t know what November will bring but polls indicate there will be no ‘we wons’ after the 2nd.

Grumps
    I don’t think she does but I assume you are referring to the fact that the Senate has been controlled by the Democrats 6 of the past 10 years.

4. No, Grumps, those were real votes with a majority. Though perhaps technically correct, I will never consider the passage of the health care bill to be legitimate.

5. He did say “we won,” didn’t he? Well that makes my stance a little easier to understand, then.

Not only do the Dems want one nation, at least one of them has discovered the cause of their woes. Just recently John Kerry said this,

“We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening ”.

And again, with a two year time warp back in time to 2008, I totally agree. However, those of today’s tea party persuasion are going to vote their convictions exactly because of what’s happening and what is the truth.

7. “Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.”

8. Dan, I disagree. I’m a grown up. Show me everything and I’ll deal with it.

That health care law was voted with the most deliberate slap to the public trust I’ve ever seen in my time of watching.

9. Yeah. Slammed through over the filibuster of the Cons. Why can’t you just admit that Republicans are the party of me. my, mine & the Democrats are the party of US? We need to re-institute the rules for filibuster and make both sides read their bibles to us aloud. Bravo…one nation. sheesh.

10. I’m not sure I’d want to be in a party arrangement with an irrational thinker like you, Tax Hell.

Those rules are in place to make legislation purposefully and carefully. When the extra protection is circumvented, it’s flat wrong.

You sure seem cranky. What the matter? Obama’s economy not helping you out after all?

11. According to an August 2010 poll by Pew Research, 10% of Democrats, 31% of Republicans, and 18% of Independents believe Obama is Muslim.

Across the board double digit irrationality.

12. Hey, don’t blame me. Guess all that PR Obama ran didn’t manage the issue very well, huh?

13. I am happy you are an “independent” what ever that means. I’ll go out on a limb here and say it means you want to be part of the millionaires & billionaires club but don’t want to be part of there racist dialog. Oh and you aren’t worth a million dollars but are wanna be. Power to the people – right on…

14. That would be “part of their racist dialog.” I’ve never met any billionaires, but the millionaires I know have never talked race when I was around.

I suppose there’s always a chance you aren’t the Tax Hell of the past. Anyway, I hope it gets better for you soon.

15. I’m not blaming you.

Two years ago everyone on the planet was aware of the association between Obama and the Trinity United Church of [Christ] in Chicago. Today, a significant portion of Americans believe he’s a Muslim, despite the fact there is no evidence to support that belief, and a fair amount of evidence to support a contrary belief.

Unbelievable.

16. hey tax hell, it is mine not ours . I earned it. Why should I give it to you and your socialist buddies? There is no us. There is me and mine. And I don’t want a bailout. If you want some, go earn it, if you can, but keep your grubby paws off of mine.

Dan
    You seem really upset that some Americans believe Obama is a Muslim. In fact, you seem obsessed about it. Why ? Is there something about being a Muslim that is bad or that we should be aware of ?

18. Dan, I was merely expanding on Cindy’s comment regarding irrational thinking. It’s mind boggling to me that so many can hold erroneous beliefs despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Here’s another example: according to a recent CNN poll, 11% of all Americans believe the president was definitely born outside the US, 16% believe he was probably born outside the US.

Would it be irrational of me to conclude that 27% of all Americans are idiots?

Hey, a majority of voters held the irrational belief that Obama would be a good President, so 27% thinking he’s born outside of the US would seem to be reasonably acceptable at this time 🙂

20. Personally I think 27% could be a low estimate. 🙂

BTW, for you regulars, Dan is not the same guy as Dan H. Didn’t want you to confuse the two.

21. BTW, I can’t believe I addressed my comment to “Dan,” when responding to Randy’s comment. The bright side to conversing with yourself is you never lose an argument.

22. 🙂

Dan
    I agree that generally Americans may be uninformed but it is much less so than in the past. Thus the problems in D.C. , especially with the Congress. Most now know what’s going in the sausage–and don’t like it. I would say that one of the best PR and political campaigns in a long time misled many people in the Presidential race of 2008 and this is different from uninformed. Unfortunately running a country is not the same as running a campaign, even though it is still being tried. Constantly trying to convince people is not how to lead them. Doesn’t work in parenting, business, or government.