I had the best intentions of functioning today, but it’s just not going to happen.

So, I thought I’d try to stir up some conversation about the upcoming elections.

1) Is it just me, or does the gubernatorial race seem to have stagnated? I thought for sure there’d be more discussion on the issues, but it’s not looking likely.

2) The debate between Ron Johnson and Russ Feingold is tomorrow night, right? What do you think will happen? I expect Feingold to be specific and pointed – it’s what he does – but I also expect it to fail for him. I don’t mean to joke about it, but Johnson seems to be wearing a halo that won’t be sliding of anytime soon.

I’ve been thinking about it a bit. Feingold’s independence should reign supreme with Wisconsin voters, but I honestly think it’s Feingold’s cockiness that has done him in this round. Every single person I know who’s taken the time to write to him with an opposing viewpoint is appalled at the tone of the response.

3) If I had minions, I’d assign them the task of counting the Wisconsin assembly races. I haven’t seen anyone do the work on the balance of power in the state. Have you? I’m perfectly happy to link to someone else’s effort.

4) In the Wisconsin Senate, I see Brian Fraley from the MacIver Institute (though I’m pretty sure it’s his own opinion) considers the Sullivan/Vukmir race the one that might tip the Senate to the Republicans. I’m curious about the count there, too.

And I need to update some numbers. Time to look into their recent fundraising.

In short, it just seems too quiet out there. What am I missing?

Well, it’s not in Wisconsin, but attorney Gloria Allred is all over the airways about her client.

And her client is Jerry Brown.

2. I’m slow today. More details please? You lost me.

3. Felix Leiter says:

1) The governor’s campaign has stagnated. It is down right boring. I thought there would be more fireworks, but I was sadly mistaken. Most of the liberals in Wisconsin don’t seem to be paying as much attention (if blogosphere is any indication.) Instead they are fretting about the loss of the iconic Russ Feingold, who no longer reigns supreme over all that is good and right in government.

2) At this point, Ron Johnson could show up at the Debate and reply, “I’m Ron Johnson, I’m running for Senate” to every question and be declared the winner – and win by several points on November 2nd.

3) I’m a busy man, and I only care about federal issues. But, I’ve heard there is a path to the majority here. General consensus is it will go R.

4) I wish Leah Vukmir were not the Republican in the race for State Senate. Sorry, I just don’t think Mary Lazich needs a “mini-me.” But she could win. It could be the tipping point.

Gosh, a big sweep for Wisconsin Republicans in November could definately inflate some pretty big egos out there!

Sorry. Spent the day at the library working on a paper.

Meg Whitman, candidate for Governor in California had a Mexican housekeeper she paid $20/hour for a number of years. Last week Ms. Allred, representing the housekeeper, came forward for her stating that Whitman had knowingly hired and continued to employ an illegal alien (her real client). This is a big deal in California–not in Spain. It took Whitman a few days but she has shown she went through an agency and was provided a false SS Card and Drivers License. Allred has never met a camera she doesn’t like and has been all over cable. She is worse than an ambulance chaser.

My point is the illegal alien is not her client–Jerry Brown is. Allred is a known Democrat.

Here’s the story from Whitman’s point of view.

5. Oh. Got it. Thanks for the scoop.

How’d the paper go?

It’s going well. Today was research and pulling things together. My assigned subject is Eleanor Roosevelt during the Depression years. By necessity she became her husband’s ‘eyes and legs’ as she traveled the country to let him know how the New Deal was working. She was a fascinating woman. A little tidbit of info– she appointed an all black domestic staff to serve in the White House within a week of moving there.

So how about that JS one-two punch to Walker’s gut above the fold today? Wish they’d be half as diligent with Barrett.

9. Oops. Guess I better read more than the funnies today.

They wanted Walker to have a whipping horse. It sells papers.