MoveOn.org hammers their demographic with this important message

Listen, if MoveOn.org is correct and this speaks to their demographic, America is in a pile of deep doggy doodoo.

By the way, I agree with them. Vote.

Comments

What’s amazing to me is that Sarah Palin doesn’t age a bit in the next 10 plus years. I suspect it’s the moosemeat.

2. I saw that too! And she gets to be a two term president.

In a way, I see them admitting remarkable defeat with this advert. I’ll take it. 🙂

3. “your morning boehner”
    Hahahaha

4. I love satire!

Did anyone see this video of a moveon.org protester being ruffed up by Randians?

Welcome to 1984.

Dan R
    First, I have no proof–just a gut feeling. But I would not be surprised to find out that this video wasn’t exactly as it appears. It is too ‘convenient’. Who shot the video ? Why would anyone do what these people purportedly did with a video camera running and with lights aglare ? Why was the woman wearing a wig ? The foot to the head was just too contrived looking–almost awkward. And now none of these people can be found. I smell a rat. Time will tell.

6. I smell a rat, too. And the rats have been caught before. It’s why I never linked to the piece.

Oh, Dan R. (Said in her sing-song voice.) Plan to have to eat that one.

Looks like the video was legit, but here’s the “rest of the story” for the moment – http://bigjournalism.com/libertychick/2010/10/27/rand-paul-protesters-shady-past-from-beijing-olympics-to-ny-to-nola/

Can I say, without being flogged 🙂 that I find the MoveOn video to be terribly creative, except the real cheesy acting at the end with the roof collapse. I was actually laughing out loud at it. I agree with Cindy, however, if this speaks to their demographic we are in deep doo-doo.

Brkfld Dad
    Thanks for the link. I still believe there is more to this story. Why was there a CNN camera there at exactly the right time ? After reading this woman’s history, if she could plan the perfect scenario for her life, it would be exactly what happened. Maybe all this came together out of the blue, but I still have serious reservations about some aspects of this event. It really doesn’t matter for the most part but this hand is just too pat for me.

9. Very creative indeed! No argument with that.

10. Too convenient.
    Lights aglare.
    Woman wearing wig.
    Irregular foot to the head.

Yeah. I see your point.

Case dismissed.

LMAOROTF!

11. Oh, Mr. R, you have to understand something. While you are laughing at us, we’re laughing at you.

How nice to have such a jovial group assembled.

13. If it were 1984 we wouldn’t have a Freedom of Information Act. The only information we’d have access to would be government propaganda. We’d also be under constant surveillance (Big Brother would argue that violating our privacy is in the interest of keeping us safe). Any criticism of Big Brother would be quickly turned against you (“Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists”). If anything I’d say we just recently emerged from 1984.

What the Democratic party is doing is perfectly legal. Whether you like it or not, mining the past in order to discredit your political opponents has been a strategy that has been around since day 1 and is used by Democrats and Republicans alike. Do you find it objectionable that every single day of Obama’s life was, and continues to be, microscopically examined? Do you object to the misinformation propagated by folks on your side of the aisle? (“a new CNN/Opinion Research released Wednesday shows 41 percent of Republicans believe Obama was “probably” or “definitely” born in another country”).

Yes, we did just recently emerge from 1984 in one sense. However, it was in August 2009 when the Obama Administration openly requested on it’s own website that citizens turn in anyone who says anything “fishy” about the , at that time, proposed healthcare bill. Also at the same time the White House sent a letter to police departments and sheriffs offices across America with the headline
    “Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.”

And just recently the Obama administration has required doctors to record and provide to the Federal Government individual patient’s BMI–or how fat we are.

So 1984 is alive and well under the Obama administration while, yes, we do have the FOIA. And using the FOIA ,while legal, is just another brick in the big brother wall. I am not aware of the Republican Party using the FOIA to directly acesss files from the Defense Department on potential candidates, but I suspect they will now.

15. “Also at the same time the White House sent a letter to police departments and sheriffs offices across America”

Actually it came from the Department of Homeland Security.

“And just recently the Obama administration has required doctors to record and provide to the Federal Government individual patient’s BMI”

You have a problem with the Electronic Healthcare Record being able to “Automatically calculate and display body mass index (BMI) based on a patient’s height and weight”?

How is that threatening to you?

It wasn’t Bush who said there were WMD in Iraq–it was the CIA. It wasn’t Carter who negotiated the Egypt/Israeli accord, it was the Department of State. It wasn’t Truman who bombed Japan, it was the Army Air Corps.It wasn’t Eisenhower who developed the Interstate system of highways, it was the Department of Transportation. It wasn’t Kennedy who ordered the Bay of Pigs invasion, it was the CIA….

Ad infinitum…

And yes I do have a huge problem with my Doctor telling the Federal Government I’m fat. If you don’t know the answer to your last question, it’s really unproductive to have this conversation.