A quick thought on Romney

Is it just me, or are many conservative’s critiques of Mitt Romney pretty darn contradictory and incoherent?  For example:  “That Romney is just a typical slippery politician who crafts his whole life and all his positions around what will get him elected.  Plus, I hate that he is such a strong-believing Mormon and stands behind his Massachusetts health care plan.  Now maybe if he would convert to Protestantism and flip-flop on Romneycare I could consider voting for him….”

Comments

I think Romney would make a very good President. I fully oppose the healthcare system he instituted as governor, and the complete financial failure of that program forecasts the utter failure Obamacare will become if not repealed. And Romney just said one of his main thrusts will be to do just that.

Too many people are looking for the perfect candidate. There is no such thing. Barack Obama has proven that to both his supporters and opponents.

2. Come on man, he’s a “Republican” from Massachusetts.

3. We could do worse than Romney and that’s just among the Republican “candidates.”

Of course, we could do better also…

Good to hear from you Dean. 🙂

5. Yeah, I should be cleaning my office but I don’t want to… 🙂

6. jimspice says:

What’s the problem with being a “strong-believing Mormon?” Would it be better if his belief were weaker?

I know the answer to this already, but I just want you to have to say it out loud.

7. John Foust says:

What does this have to do with Romney? Is it just me, or does anyone else find many conservative critiques “pretty darn contradictory and incoherent”?

Foust
    It’s just you.

9. John Foust says:

Well, Cindy and me.

10. why this opposition to a certain religious faith ? i have been in mormon areas and dealt with mormon believers and found them no threat to the USA. maybe some don’t like their beliefs but they are Americans and patriotic. in order for the USA to become a world leader and a self defender we must, we must work together. we have done that ever since the Civil War. why change the brilliance of LINCOLN now. we should be above that and better than all of the world. when there was and maybe will be a draft , see who runs.