A Question

We can all agree the killing of anyone, especially the young, is tragic. It happens too often. My heart goes out to the families and friends of any who lose a loved one in this senseless manner.

In the aftermath of the shooting of Trayvon Martin, President Obama said this:

“If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,”

Maybe someone can explain to me why the President made this public statement.

Comments

1. J. Strupp says:

He’s speaking metaphorically.

Metaphor my a$$. He said it because he, Sharpton, Jackson and others are playing the race card as usual. Funny how they and the MSM would have you think this was some right-wing white wacko NRA card toting killer. Turns out Traymon’s killer is predominanty Hispanic and come from a mixed race family.

This isn’t and shouldn’t be about race. From all reports Traymon was a good kid. Zimmerman, if found guilty, should face the full extent of the law.

Need I say more? See how the NY Times describe Zimmerman’s race – http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/22/us/police-chief-draws-fire-in-trayvon-martin-shooting.html?_r=1

4. bdad! You swore with $$ signs. :)

1) good to hear from you, and

2) of course I agree. “White hispanic.” Unbelievable.

God bless the family who grieves this young man.

James T Harris picked up on it too, said the NY Times will have to call Ovama a White African American from now on :)

It’s Lent, I can’t real swear without ramifications!

6. Why is it that Fox News only seems to care when a white blonde girl disappears somewhere? Its not unusual for Presidents to make small comments on major media items like this. Why do we care?

It really bugs me when people try to make political hay out of things that are actually pretty insignificant. President Obama made a small statement about this case… so what?

Nick
    I agree, it really bugs me too “when people try to make political hay out of things,” just like President Obama did in this case.

Nick, NOTHING the President says is small.

This story has taken a turn that many, including the MSM, and perhaps the President, did not envision. Time will tell.

It’s early here but it’s impossible to not have Tawana Brawley and the Duke Lacrosse case enter one’s mind.