Is Palin endorsing Neumann? And show me the money.

I’m seeing several Palin endorsements on Twitter. I also received an email from Neumann saying he’s on the road in three locations tomorrow with a big conservative endorsement.

Things that make you say hmmmmm.

(I’ll sleep tonight, even if I’m wrong. Don’t worry.)

The other big news? Numbers are finally in for Republican candidate fundraising. The MJS has a story. I’ll spare you the click and give you the summary and a fair use quote – with my own opinion, of course.

The quote:

Hovde, a banker and investor, raised $4.4 million, records shows. That includes $4 million in loans and personal contributions.

This means, if I’m reading it correctly, Hovde RAISED $400,000 in six months. Thompson and Neumann are both at $2.2 million. Bless his heart, Fitzgerald has the number $144,455.

Fitzgerald won the totals at the WisGOP gathering, but he’s obviously not getting their money.

Hovde’s numbers? I’d love to give you a hard link, but darn it. I have completely given up on the chance I will ever understand the FEC website. So I’ll just have to rely upon the MJS report and surmise that Hovde is trying to buy a spot in the United States Senate. Well? What would you call it?

If you saunter up Capitol Hill you might find yourself beside the Senate building. If you are in the right place, you find yourself walking past Senators as they wait for town cars and cabs. Sadly, you can literally peel the essence of arrogance off after you pass. Please, please Wisconsin. Don’t add to that sadness.

Hovde wants to buy his place in that line. Don’t let him. Thompson? Have you had a chance to stand next to that man lately? He’d love to be in that Capitol Hill line, too. Fitzgerald may be the greatest guy ever, but people only think so to the tune of $144,455 in a state-wide race.

Republican Mark Neumann is the only choice here. Yes, I’m in the tank. I’m counting on Wisconsin to agree.

I hope Hovde wins. Then Wisconsin will have two senators who bought their way in.

Kohl spent $7.5 million of his own money in 2006 and $19 million total in his 3 elections. Johnson, not an incumbent, spent $14 million of his money in 2010. So what’s changing if the new senator buys his/her seat?

3. Dude,

How can Marc Neumann be a Laissez Faire capitalist and devout Evangelical Christian, concurrently? Public record shows him to claim both. Aren’t the two mutually exclusive?

4. Gosh Randy, twice in a day? Thanks, man. Nicely done.

5. Only if you want to attempt a false argument, CH.

6. Illogical, CH. Bingo, CK.

7. According to JSOnline, he’s gotten the “Tea Party Express” endorsement.

8. Yep, I was on a walk and missed it. Thanks for the link, Nick.

Who are they?

My anti-spam word was occupy πŸ™‚

Well, they claim they are the most aggressive and influential tea party group. Can’t decipher much on a quick glance of the web site. They have a number of 2012 targets, most of which they list as ‘defeated’, but all of which just aren’t seeking re-election. For 2010 in WI, they claim endorsements of:

U.S. Senate: Ron Johnson to defeat Russ Feingold
    WI-1 Paul Ryan to defeat John Heckenlively
    WI-3 Dan Kapanke to defeat Ron Kind
    WI-5 Jim Sensenbrenner to defeat Todd Kolosso
    WI-6 Tom Petri to defeat Joseph Kallas
    WI-7 Sean Duffy to defeat Julie Lassa
    WI-8 Reid Ribble to defeat Steve Kagen

10. What were the names of the Rich-Kid brothers that sued Zuckerberg over Facebook? Eric Hodve reminds me of them.

I watched the videos posted on Jerry Bader’s website of the Senate debate. I could not get past Hodve’s arrogance and the demeaning tone implying “You are all absolute idiots.” in his answers. He comes across as the ultimate frat boy to me; I don’t sense a smidgen of servant leadership in his being. I can’t see him as my Senator.

11. Gov. Thompson will win.

12. Interesting….

If Walker endorses Tommy, it is game over.

If Walker endorses Fitz, it is game on.

13. Tommy must have something on Walker. The Fitz good old boy network is coming out of the woodwork; they’re nervous that his Feingold Strategy isn’t working. Exactly the Wisconsin GOP moves that is what makes Wisconsin politics so seedy.

14. Walker is afraid of Tommy!. That’s all.

15. Here’s a good hint. If Sarah Palin endorses someone, vote for someone else.

16. Huh!

Clear my mind. You folks are probably right, but set me straight. Where’s the false logic? Again, Neumann, Laissez Faire Capitalist and Evangelical Christian; how does this add up? Please set me straight, Cindy and RL.

No one can truly be a laissez faire capitalist as there is no truly free market system. Thus your false assumption. As a goal, or ideal, one can pursue it’s principles. Please provide a link to the public record you refer to concerning this and Neumann, and then we can better discuss your question.

18. Anonymous says:

Are you saying that Mark Neumann does not subscribe to the Tea Party philosophy advocating minimial/no Government regulation of commerce? That’s not his goal? His de facto public record shows otherwise.

Please reference Mark’s wikipedia entry to see him listed as an Evangelical Lutheran. In a Wisconsin State Journal Sunday feature from July 2012, he lists his priorities as God – Family – Country. Probably not so good regarding the effort he would put into public service; this also was demonstrated by his 1994 decision to bail on Congress to go deer hunting with his son. He later tried to spin this as a virtue.

19. “Please reference … wikipedia.” Might one presume you applied that entry anonymous?

Spin away. I guess you are probably just doing what you are paid to do. (Does that check get written to “anonymous?”) Just don’t expect anyone to be impressed with your effort.

How interesting you’d argue country in front of God. People without God obviously don’t get it.

Another false assumption:

“Again, one can’t do devout Christianity and Laissez Faire Capitalism (Tea Party principles)concurrently.”

Tea Party principles are not “laissez faire capitalist(ism)” because it can’t happen. And your use of the word devout is purely subjective.

Nowhere do I say or imply Neumann is not a capitalist or does not support smaller government and less regulations–that is what conservatives do. I’m proud he is an Evangelical Lutheran.

And those priorities you say “he” listed were actually attributed to his son Matt, for his father. The actual quote is

“He always says that he puts his faith first, his family second and his country third.”

Like Cindy I agree that is the proper perspective.

Anther elected official said this, which is close to Neumann’s priorities:

“When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, I ask him to give me the strength to do right by our country and our people. And when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord and I ask him to forgive me my sins and to look after my family and to make me an instrument of the Lord.”

21. The shooting in Oak Creek may change the dynamics of this race. Supposedly the shooter is a white male in his 30s. We’ll need to know more facts, but this sounds like a hate crime, perhaps from someone who confused Sikhs with Muslims. Hopefully there won’t be any Tea Party connections within 1000 miles, because you know for sure the Brian Rosses of the world are scouring the Internet right now for any such connection. This will also likely be fodder for the gun control freaks since it came so closely after the Colorado shootings, and Wisconsin is now a concealed carry state.

22. Cindy and Randy

I thank you. I appreciate your perspective. You’re both very articulate. I’m heartened that you both care about the Country, and are up to date on current events.

“Anonymous” was a late PM typo.

23. I had the same discussion with my daughter who is currently in Ireland this evening. Maybe I’ll write about it later KPOM, but in the meantime…

She started in on gun control. I said sure if you can control every gun. Then I told her I’d be training to carry this fall and asked if she wanted to as well. She surprised me by saying maybe.

Then I speculated that when all of this is said and done it will come down to a guy without a job who blamed an immigrant, and that will take it right back to employment.

That’s what my gut says.

24. The fact that it’s a white guy, bald, in his 30s, with (apparently) a 9/11-related tattoo makes me think this is either some neo-NAZI or unfortunately some deranged right wing guy who was uneducated enough a) not to know the difference between Sikhs and Muslims, and b) willing to kill a bunch of people indiscriminately at a religious service . What’s the population like in Cudahy, WI? Is it “working class” or is it more like Waukesha County?

The Daily Kos comment board is already abuzz with speculation that this guy was a Tea Partier. Worryingly, they are also applauding NYC’s typical police-state overreaction. The Left has been waiting ever since the Loughner shooting to point to something that they can blame on the Tea Party. Sadly, they may have it. It’s bad enough that Obama is increasingly a lock to win. Without an effective check on his power (which unfortunately only the lousy GOP can deliver), things are bound to get worse over the next 4 years.

25. Working class, KPOM. Very working class, I’d guess, from knowing a bit about the surrounding communities.

26. Interesting. That may suggest Cindy’s hypothesis. We’ll find out soon enough. In the meantime, there are 6 innocent people who were killed today who will be the top priority.

Your over-the-top knee-jerk comments expose your racist, elitist, and political leanings. Because initial, unsubstantiated reports from a “source” report the shooter to be “white, with tatoos, bald, and in his 30’s,” you immediately speculate “this is some deranged ‘right wing guy’ who was uneducated” and further you interject the teaparty. Again you mention Obama is “a lock to win” while there is absolutely not one iota of evidence to justify that statement.

And what the hell do you expect the Daily Kos to be speculating about? Quoting their reactions before the police have released much of anything along with your elitist comments illustrates your intention to inflame and inject class warfare into the discussion.

28. Look at polling. Obama is up in virtually every swing state. If the election were held today, he’d win. Plus, Romney just made a high profile trip overseas where he managed to come across as a bumbling idiot in the UK (where the Olympics have been going quite well, thank you), and made some controversial statements while in Israel. It didn’t accomplish his mission at all. He’s running against perhaps the best campaigner in 30 years and one of the best of all time.

Kos himself hasn’t made any allegations against the Tea Party yet (probably the Brian Ross thing is keeping the media quiet).

You should know better that I’m not a race baiter. However, when the FBI is calling this incident “domestic terrorism” (a term they did NOT use for the Colorado shooter), and there are multiple reports that the shooter was a bald white guy with tattoos all over the place, who shot into a temple of Sikhs, it isn’t a stretch to think race might be involved.

29. From the Journal Sentinel

Shooter, Wade Page, was Army vet, white supremacist

The Southern Law Poverty Center, a group that has studied hate crimes for decades, reported Monday that Page was a frustrated neo-Nazi who had been the leader of a racist white-power band known as End Apathy.

I missed the part where the FBI stated he was”uneducated” and a ” deranged right wing guy”. And if race were involved it would be classified as a hate crime. Of couse you knew none of this when you made your comments at 3:01pm and 10:20pm yesterday because it had not been released..

31. I think more will explain the situation that a first glance by the press.

32. Romney was great overseas.

I know you enjoy your glass-half-empty thinking KPOM, but I can’t hear you. πŸ™‚ Besides, even if Obama wins again we get exactly what we have for four more years. (Says the girl who loves gridlock.)