The “Meaning of ‘Is’ Party

Originally this was to be a comment in further response to RL from another post but I felt it needed to be upgraded to a posting.
RL, right on cue here is an example of a party so willing to lie I do not understand anyone willing to vote for them. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee looked right at the camera yesterday and said this:

She has “no idea” about the political affiliation of Priorities USA, the Super PAC behind a recent ad inferring Mitt Romney is responsible for a woman’s death — though the group was co-founded by two former Obama staffers. Somebody better tell Bill Maher, who gave $ 1 million to Priorities USA, he may have contributed to a non-Democratic SuperPac.

But we must remember, she has observed her present boss and the Democratic President of the 90’s each look directly into the camera , and also lie to the American people–as pointed out on this site. So in a sense she is simply following the lead of recent Democratic Presidents.

1. Randy, the video is not showing on my iPad or iPhone, so I don’t know what segment you posted. I did see DWS as a guest on an AM show yesterday was appalled,yet a bit intrigued (Does she realize she lies? Or, is she pathological?), and outraged by her staggering lack of compunction to so easily lie.

It cannot be a comfortable feeling to be a Democrat and have her represent the party as spokesperson. I cringe when I hear her speak.

I’m not at all a techno on the computer and all I know is I can play the video on mine. Cindy is the expert and as she reads this if there is anything to correct or check out I hope she’ll do so. Sorry.

You are making the wrong assumption that most Democrats care about the lying. They relate moreso to the seriousness of whatever the charge or statement is–it’s truthfulness is immaterial. i.e. Republicans are anti-women, Romney made $100 million dollars closing a plant, Romney’s a felon, and he helped kill a woman. All serious charges–none true. That’s why I love it now that the GOP, and so much more with social media, is loudly and quickly calling them on these ads. The Dems were way ahead in the social media field in 2008 and we had a candidate who thought saying “would the gentleman from Illinois please …..” was the way to fight back. Hopefully we’ll take a gun to the fight also this time around.

3. “take a gun” ? tough guy!

The embedded video is an Adobe Flash video, so thanks to the late Steve Jobs stubbornness the iPad and iPhone still don’t support it. He had ‘problems’ with Adobe’s mobile software quality. Macs play Flash just fine.

Randy, I agree. Social media needs to be and I think looks like it’s stepped up. There ought to be an all out assault on the lies.

This one comes to mind immediately –

There’s a reason for my wordage. Here it is:

6. J. Strupp says:

What was the politifact, “lie of the year” in 2009 and 2010?

7. Ryan Morgan says:

2009 was “death panels”

2010 was “government takeover of health care”

I’ll buy that death panels is something that shouldn’t be said… and saying Ryan’s plan ends Medicare is certainly false. But I think you can certainly argue reasonably that Obamacare will lead to a government takeover of health insurance.

See this article, for example, which argues that there are 3 separate elements of Obamacare which will drive insurers out of business.

If there’s no more insurers and it is the insurers, along with the state and federal government who pay for our health care, then if the author of that article is correct, Obamacare will lead to a circumstance where big government pays all our healthcare bills, which is a form of a government takeover of health care, right?

Oh, we already have a “death panel”. It’s the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. This is a committee of experts appointed by the Department of Health & Human Services. They have already ‘found’ men should not have routine tests for prostrate cancer, including the PSA, rectal exams and ultrasound. This panel also said women under the age of 50 shouldn’t get mammograms which fortunately caused so much controversey HHS dismissed the finding. And the reason for these “findings” are many, but part of which are driven by costs. Their site uses words like “effective”, “benefits”, “outweigh”, and “standards” to describe their recommendations.

I’m not even going into the The Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) set up by ObamaCare to have “significant authority to curb rising Medicare spending if per beneficiary growth in that spending exceeds target growth rates.”

It can be argued whether the term “death panels” should be used, and you might not like the term, but it’s not a lie. Prostrate cancer kills around 29,000 men a year, more than all sucicides, 3 times more people than firearm homicides, and about 72% the number of breast cancer deaths. If your father, husband, brother, friend, etc. dies because a panel of non-elected doctors/experts makes a finding based on statistics rather than the personal doctor-patient relationship what is one option you could call that panel? Or a women in her 40’s, prevented by a similar panel from receiving a mammogram to detect cancer in it’s early stages dies from breast cancer, what might be a name for that panel?

9. the gun remark video has been taken off by the user. it is reckless to use “gun” without a full explanation. the I/we do not thrive on every blog and every comment from every person. in the military we were told when in combat shoot anything that moves (outside of our perimeter). good thing that this phrase did not trickle down to non-military people.

10. I have experienced medical professionals refusing to give a PSA test to men over 80. reason, the treatment is worse than the disease. this comes from my family physician. We all need a health care power of attorney. seniors only need a medicare card now to be treated. the voucher or coupon is suseptible of being lost or misplaced in a senior moment, can be forged just like money, can be sold or traded just like food stamps, can be mis-used by medical providors and insurance companies. if we strip the regulatory system then who will oversee the prudent use of paper for medical care? do we want a system where the seniors are taken advantage of, the medical providors sell their services for the price and value of a paper voucher or coupon, the user sells or trades the coupon for drugs, by inflation the coupons lose their value and there is no government or court intervention possible.

I didn’t link the site because of the video. Read the first couple of paragraphs of the article.

12. I read it again and it says what it says. no change in my comments.