Just a Thought

Okay. Are the American people being set up? Are the continuing blunders (another one today) by Joe Biden intentional to allow him somehow to withdraw as a Vice President nominee and allow the Dems the publicity and attention of choosing someone else? Just a thought…

Daily Poll:……………. Romney 47%
…………………………….Obama 43%

Ohio:…………………….Tied

Just a temporary Ryan Spike?

Comments

History would suggest so, yes.

I agree Lorax. But I don’t believe we will see any more +9 polls.

Weren’t there similar rumblings (he’s stumbling so Hillary can step in) back in ’08 that never materialized? I seem to have a vague recollection.

BrkfldDad

The idea was bantered about mostly in the media in 2008 but I don’t believe it was ever serious. Mine is a gut feeling based on my belief that some of these statements by Biden are not gaffes but planned diatribes. For instance today’s statement naming the wrong century probably is a gaffe but one would think he would have been more prudent a day after his “chains” remark. All candidates will make these gaffes–it goes with the territory.

So I’m clear the “chains” statement was not a gaffe plus it followed another lie from the Obama administration. Governor Romney has said he wants to reduce regulations and eliminate some government programs in his first 100 days but I challange anyone to produce proof that he said he “wants Wall Street to write it’s own rules” which is Biden’s charge.

You’re reading way too much into it.

6. Why would Hilary destroy her brand and join team Obama?

Ryan
    I have never thought if this move were made it would be Hillary. My guess is Joe will be muzzled a bit, especially after the Dem Convention. Personally I believe Joe to be an asset to the Republican ticket.

8. I loved this Biden story: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/79776.html

I’m going to stay out of this argument. I have a propensity toward Malapropism myself. It’s got to be some kind of brain thing. But it can get embarrassing.

That’s a very good human interest story Cindy.

It scares the hell out of me that there are handlers “eavesdropping” and “snooping” all around Biden to try and control him and those reporting on him. The author writes “

his staff’s response is effectively to try to save Biden from himself. He further writes
    aides tried to edit media pool reports for any potential landmines.

That this man is the proverbial ‘one step away’ from the Presidency of the United States should make all voters take pause–a long one.

10. And my point is I say stupid stuff all the time, but I would still consider myself competent enough to be president with a little training.

I think the sad thing is he needs handlers as we don’t allow human beings to be in politics any more. Gotta be perfect all the time or need not apply.

Although Biden’s “chains” statement was not a gaffe any more than Obama’s “you didn’t build that.” Those two statements reflect their thinking, and were not a mistake.

Did Dick Chaney have “handlers” doing what the author of the article describe Biden’s as doing? We all know the answer to that is no. I’m not talking about schedule makers, keeping on time people, and ordinary efficiency staff.

Does Paul Ryan have people traveling with him to “evesdrop and snoop” to “effectively try to save him from himself.?” I think not.

And Cindy my take by the tone of the article is that the Polilico writer is trying to make Biden look human, likable, and ‘normal’ while in fact his overall descriptions and narrative do just the opposite.

Good news. According to “The Hill” Obama is sticking with Biden. Politically I am very glad. I will be looking for the muzzling to begin immediately. I hope I’m wrong.

The funny thing is, among voters Biden is very popular. You’re living in a bubble, Randy. Real voters – and not hyper-partisans like ourselves – never even read these stories. They don’t go to Politico.com and they don’t read the drudge report.

Talk about desperation ! This defines it. What a totally unclassy move.

Romney has backed out of Tampa. It’s so his visit won’t interfere with the security needed for Issac. But interestingly enough, campaign stops in Orlando and St Augustine on Tuesday are still scheduled.

16. Did you mean Biden?

Sure did. I’ll use as my excuse getting home at 3 am. Woulda really been news if Romney backed out!
    Thanks Cindy.

18. You party animal, you.