Oh, My!

Oh my. What Fox is now reporting is… astonishing.

. This October surprise could be on the administration, not by the administration. Many just released cables written by killed Ambassador Stevens, one actually on September 11th, and released by Republican Senator Issa, actually talks about the threat from “Islamic terrorists”.

It’s early, but this doesn’t look good for Obama.

……………..A Post by Randy in Richmond…………….

who were the cables sent to and what was the response , if any ?

please track this down and let us know

We should know over the weekend, Dick.

3. Gotta say, the Middle East has always been a dangerous, chaotic, unstable place, which no American President has been immune from.

I won’t place the blame for the terrorist attacks of 9/11 on GW Bush. Similarly, I won’t blame the first attack on the World Trade Center on Clinton, nor the bombing of the US Marine barracks in Beirut on Ronald Reagan, etc, etc. There are a lot of folks in the Middle East, who wish to do harm to the US, regardless of the president.

Yes, we need to improve relations in the Middle East, to include Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, etc., but it won’t happen over night, whether we use the “shock and awe”/ regime change of GW Bush, or Pres. Obama’s policies, or whoever would follow.

It was really nice (sarcasm) that these cables revealed the names of our informants – which may result in them being targeted, possibly killed. Will do a lot to harm our ability to get informants to trust we can protect their cover. Just like when Republicans blew Valerie Plame’s cover.

Also Randy, it’s Rep. Issa.

Thanks, CHMart – seems Randy is frothing at the mouth with any opportunity to take down the president. The irony is conservatives blame the President for Benghazi but refuse to place any blame on President Bush – who we know had specific information about a coming attack. More hypocrisy, misinformation, and the execution of a personal grudge against our American President. All in a days work for the American Taliban.

Provide examples of where Bush, Reagan, or Clinton overtly denied these attacks were terrorism, or paraded administration officials misleading the public about what actually happened. Also show where the administrations’ failed to act or ignored specific requests prior to the incidents. Otherwise we have apples and oranges.

If there are names, not otherwise public, included in the cables, they should be redacted.

Sure, Bush received in his Daily Briefing a report that bin Laden may try something with planes-such as hijacking or raming a targeted site. This is like me declaring right now that al-Qaeda will attack us with an IED sometimes in the future. When it happens can I then blame President Obama for allowing it to happen? Please provide your ” specific information about a coming attack” you say Bush had. I’ve provided the general info he had received. And if you do so I will be critical of his actions just as I am with Obama’s.

Also President Clinton had similar reports provided to him.

But this administation had an Ambassador, and others, located in one of the hottest spots of the world make specific requests and gave numerous warnings that were basically ignored or rejected. In fact security in Benghazi and Libya was reduced. But that’s not the only rub. It’s the circus like handling of the aftermath of this incident that is highly questionable.

Your personal rants have become the norm and I notice how you now direct them at other commenters also.

American Taliban? Wow, open your mouth wide and insert both feet on that one.

Context: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGAvwSp86hY

Bdad, keep manufacturing that outrage.

And Randy, Darrell Issa still isn’t a Senator.

I’m using the Harry Reid method of speaking. An investor with Bain Capital called and told me Issa is a Senator. It must be so.

10. Manufactured? You are doing a wonderful job of putting it in ‘print’, so to speak.

12. DICK STEINBERG says:

CHMART. you nailed it ! Randy, Cindy in my judgment made a bad decision in using you as her spokesman. “names, not otherwise public should be redacted”. 1. it may be a crime or treason to alter an official document. 2. who does the recacting, the President or the secretary of redaction? 3. redaction of official records raise the curiosity of the cat. 4. I have seen redacted papers and they are a coverup. 5. study the law of redation and cite the precedent. 6. only J. Edgar Hoover could think redaction and he was good at it. 7. No one has asked for it. 8. Foreign Service officers are professionals and don’t cry wolf. 9. Redacting names started at Ellis Island as a last resort to ID immigrants. 10. The American people have more information than in our history and it is not solving any problems.

13. Stuff it Dick. Cindy didn’t make Randy “her spokeman.” The opinions are Randy’s. Period. I just give a place for them to be written.

As to my assumption that we’ve been lied to by the President’s administration, well I have no problem letting that one stand.

Tomorrow night will be a very interesting debate.

14. DICK STEINBERG says:

Cindy. a lady should not say that.

15. Not to hijack this thread, but any thoughts on today’s shooting on Moorland Rd? Apparently one of the reporters at TMJ knew one of the victims. She got choked up talking about it.

16. Do us all a favor, Dick. Instead of making up things, hit an early bird special. You can grouch to the waitress about your tomato soup being too cold rather than butchering the English language.

17. I posted a little something you can use to talk about it if you want. I think I want to give it a few days to let the facts come forward and the speculation subside.

Can someone be outed that the world already has knowledge of their beliefs and views? The Libyan woman being mentioned by some as in danger because of the cables released by Rep. Issa is Wafa Taher Bugaighis. Here she
    is months ago in the United States, and take note of her name tag:

That’s why I included the phrase “not otherwise public” in my comment on redacting. Certainly this brave lady is a well known public figure whose name did not need redacting.

If you couldn’t note the title on the name tag, it say United States Department of State.

Ready, Shoot, Aim.

I must say the timing of Gen. David Petraeus’ resigination raises a few flags, none of which are the red, white, and blue kind.

20. If you ask me, Obama doesn’t want to be impeached.

And the wheels of the bus go thump, thump.

Well, now we know where one line in the sand is drawn for the Obama administration. Marriage cheaters must resign, tax cheaters welcome to stay.